She embarked on the professional practice of law in 2004. For 6 years, she was a partner in the Labour Department at the Garcés & López-Ibor law firm. Previously, she headed her own law firm and was the Head of the Labour Relations Department at the multinational Dupont Powder Coatings Ibérica for four years.
Maria José specialises in legal advice for business in collective bargaining and business restructuring processes, as well as the training of managers in Labour Law, among others matters. Likewise, she regularly appears before social courts.
In the field of education, María José teaches Labour Law at the School of Legal Practice of the Terrassa Bar Association. She is currently working on her doctoral thesis, which is on the transfer of workers within the framework of transnational service provision.
- Holds a Law degree from the Open University of Catalonia
- Labour Relations specialist of the University of Barcelona (currently a Labour Relations graduate)
- Holds a Master’s degree in Labour Relations and Social Security from Pompeu Fabra University
- Holds a Master's degree in Tax Law with a specialisation in Business Consulting from the Open University of Catalonia
- Industrial Business Studies at Montfort University (Leicester – UK)
- PhD candidate in Labour Law. Research thesis on the temporary transfer of workers within the framework of the European Union
Associations and Positions
- ICATER – ICATER Labour Committee – Association of Labour Lawyers
- Member of the Labour Committee of the Terrassa Bar Association
- Secretary of the Association of Leather Goods Manufacturers of Madrid and the Central Region. (ASEMAVI)
- Member and secretary of the Labour Law Committee of the Terrassa Bar Association
- Professor at the School of Legal Practice of the Terrassa Bar Association
- Associate professor of Labour Law at ISDE